June 7, 2011

A Ryden appreciation post


Last night,i download many,many songs from Panic!at the disco since they first started until now.And as i listen to their awesome,not auto-tuned song,i read the lyrics of each songs,which was written by Ryan Ross,their former lead guitarist.

And i cried.Fuck it!i cried.Well,i didn't cried that hard but just you know,my salty tears just running down my cheeks.All of their lyrics,was very,very,very amazing to the caliber.Yes i know,some of them are about sluts and whores and mimes and harlequin girls but the words in those lyrics were something that you never thought of .But Ryan Ross did.

Some of my personal favourite lines in those songs are - 

So testosterone boys and harlequin girls,will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close?

For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me

Oh we're still so young, desperate for attention

Well he was just hanging around,then he fell in love and  he didn't know how,but he couldn't get out

So he said,'would it be alright if we just sat and talk for a little while,if in exchange for your time,i give you this smile?

Things have changed for me, and that’s okay.I feel the same, I’m on my way

You've earned a place atop the ICU's hall of fame .The camera caught you causing a commotion on the gurney again 

But don't get me wrong,faggots,Brendon Urie is a good songwriter too and some of my favourite lines in his songs were

Oh memories where'd you go,you're all i've ever know,how i miss yesterday,and how i let it fade away"
(this one makes me cried)

She was the youngest of the family and the last to be let go

You've got these little things, That you've been running from. You either love it or i guess you don't. You're such a pretty thing, To be running from anyone. A vision with nowhere to go. 

You've got these little things You wanted something for 'em. You'll either get it or i guess you won't. What does it really mean to get nothing from anyone? There's a million ways it could go. 

Sarah smiles like Sarah doesn't care

You fooled me once with your eyes, now, honey, You fooled me twice with your lies, and I say, 

Are you worth your weight in gold?‘Cause you’re behind my eyelids when I’m all alone

Drop our anchors in a storm

A fire in a flask to keep us warm

‘Cause they know, I knowThat they don’t look like meOh they know, I knowThat they don’t sound like me

When the world gets too heavy, Put it on my back. I'll be your levy. 

It was always you falling for me, Now there's always time calling for me. I'm the light blinking at the end of the road, Blink back to let me know. 


I cried because i feel very small compared to both of them.Very little.And tiny.I wished i can write songs like them.If someone would ever asks me about who's my favourite songwriter,it'll always be both of you guys.
I write those lines on every left page in my songwriting book as my inspiration.Ryan and Brendon aka Ryden,I love you both.Your songwriting skills are out of this universe.You guys are the REAL MUSIC.


ryden <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...